I have not done any HL buying or selling on eBay or anywhere else. I used to do a lot of selling on eBay, with mostly good results. I have bought a lot of items through them, and almost all has been a good experience. Everything was exactly as represented, and was shipped on time and arrived in good condition.

The problems I've had were all with selling. I sold a mustard seed earring and pin, and the buyer complained that the mustard seeds were almost too small for her to see. Duh. That's the whole point!!!

I shipped an item to another seller with tracking and the PO said she received it, and she said she did not get it and claimed I never sent it. Even though I refunded the money, she still wrote a negative report.

Another time an Australian girl bid on an item even though the TOS specifically said that I would not ship outside the US. She tried to make out that I was a non-performing seller, because I refused to send her the item.

The PO lost two items - one was not packed well, and one I don't know what happened to it. In both cases I refunded the money.

And I've had arguments about the shipping and handling charges because people seem to think that the only thing that should be included in those charges are "actual postage" without considering the cost of packing. And they don't want to pay for insurance either.