I thought I would start a topic relating to experiences we have all enjoyed, or didn't enjoy, while utilizing eBay.

My overall experience has been good with the majority of people I have dealt with. Sometimes shipping has been slow but that's to be expected. My worst surprise was when I purchased a AB Tori Dawn, and the seller left the boat within the glass case destroying it and severely damaging the boat. Yet again, my money was refunded.

I had a New Point Loma shipped to me and destroyed. The seller left it at a UPS Store to be packed and shipped. Unfortunately, the store workers packed the original box very well within another carton, but they never opened the original box to see if the piece was secured in it. The piece was in its original box with no bubble wrap, peanuts or whatever. Needless to say, it was ruined as it bounced around during shipping. Yet again, purchase price was refunded via UPS insurance.

Recently, I received two HL's from separate auction/different sellers, that had the ventilator ball snapped off in shipment. Both sellers did the right thing and refunded my purchase price.

I guess one of the major complaints that may be revealed here is the improper description of an items condition. People love to describe their wares as mint, brand new, perfect, never displayed, non-smoking home, no pet home, hermetically sealed at the factory, etc. Recently, I purchased a Nauset that was described as mint. Once again, needless to say, the piece has a paint flaking problem. I bought it right, so I kept it.

Another experience was winning an auction, paying for the piece and not receiving it. Then I saw the same piece up on auction again (it had a unique flag#). I contacted the seller and advised her that the piece I had paid for was up on auction again. A few days later I received a message that they never had that flag# and my money order was returned to me. Go figure! I guess the right hand doesn't know what the left hand was doing.

Although my eBay disappointments are few, they still do happen. My positive experiences far exceed the unpleasant ones. "Caveat emptor", Latin for "Extra cheese and hold the anchovies, please!" (Not really)

Let's hear about your eBay successes and horror stories.

smile Bob smile