Bob, you bring up an issue I have had some problems with over the past few months. I must say though that prior to summer 2003 I had few to no problems related to an Ebay Harbour Lights purchase. As a result I developed a list of 16 questions that I ask the seller only on those older or more costly lights for the most part. I have also found that the old saying " believe only half of what you see" rings true with some item pictures on Ebay. I have posted my list of questions below. To be sure I have received varied responses to these questions with most being nice, some being fun and in jest and others being ... well you get the Idea.
Oh by the way Bob thanks for helping me to find that low Flag # Charlotte Genesee I was looking for. All Please look over the 16 questions for Ebay sellers below and please respond with your comments. My guess is these questions may cause a little debate here on the forums,and I hope they do!I will give the debate a little help by stating that these questions fall under the "A" retentive category(LOL).I do not want to pay for something I do not like,and I don't think I have ever met anyone who did.

So here goes... My "A" retentive list of questions for Ebay sellers...........

Hello,

I have several questions regarding your Ebay auction of Harbour Lights. The questions are the result of buying experiences as there are different methods and opinions to define, or describe the condition of an item. Not all of the questioned requirements must be met for me to consider bidding. I have never given a negative or neutral feedback comment to any seller. I would appreciate your consideration and careful attention in answering the following questions.

1.Does it come with certificate of authenticity?

2.Does it come with registration card?

3.Does it come with hand painted card? (Small white card with initials signed and string whole in one corner. Applicable to Malaysian mold pieces 1991 to 1998).

4.Does it come with a tent card? (Where applicable. Early pieces did not come with a tent card)

5.Any chips, cracks, or breaks in material, or missing broken off parts of material to include base, landscaping, tower, and buildings or any other areas?

6.Any chips, rubs, flaking, fading of paint, missing paint, or excessive dust to include the roof, landscaping, light room, ventilator ball on top, tower or any other area?

7.Any repairs made to the piece that you know of, or can detect?

8.Does it come with country of origin sticker on felt on bottom of piece?(I.E. made in Malaysia gold round sticker with black print 1991 to 1998, made in china clear oval sticker with black print where applicable, or made in Canada round or rectangle white to gray with red print).

9.Any price stickers or other non – Harbour Lights stickers on the green felt on bottom of piece?

10.Have any stickers been removed from green felt on bottom of piece showing a dark outline where the sticker glue remains?

11.Any marring, or removal, of Harbour Lights sticker, country of origin sticker, or green felt on bottom of piece?

12.Does it come with the original box with number in marker pen not corrected or changed, or pencil for Canadian boxes not corrected or changed, matching the flag number on piece?

13.Any rips, tears, water damage, fading, removal or missing Harbour Lights label, or other damage to box?

14.Any price stickers or other markings on box other than Harbour Lights label and flag number?

15.Does packing include original bubble wrap bag 1991 to 1996, or Styrofoam insert 1996 to present?

16.If I am not satisfied with the piece will you allow return for refund?

I have sincere interest in your auction(s) for bidding purchase consideration, and welcome any questions.

Please write back.
Thank You

Lonnie