I've been thinking about reducing the amount of duplicate pieces in my HL Collection. The thought that came to mind was to literally give them away. I don't mean having people come to my house and load their trunks and trailers, but rather a slower reduction in my collection without a lot of aggravation and work on my part.

I was thinking of promoting this site by giving posters here a chance to get a free HL by just being a poster, and help reduce my inventory. The only strings attached would be the receiptient would have to pay for the shipping and insurance.

Here is what I'm thinking. I would start a special thread for each piece to be given away, and everytime the thread reaches 50 different posters I will give one HL away. I will write the amount it cost to ship it on the outside of the mailing box and the receiptient must reimburse me for the shipping and insurance charges before I'll give another HL away.

Once the 50 mark has been reached, I will start another thread looking for 50 more posters to join in. It can be the same 50 from the first giveaway as long as each poster only posts once for each giveaway. There is another catch to this. You do not get to pick what HL you will receive. I'm just going to grab the next available one from my storage, make sure it's a duplicate, then mail it to the person who was chosen at randon from the 50 posters. The giveaway will continue until someone fails to reimburse me for postage or I determine enough has been given away.

I make no guarantees regarding condition of the HL's, the fact it may or may not have the original box, paperwork, etc. As "Geraldine" (Flip Wilson) stated, "What you see is what you get!" I don't expect to hear complaints and no returns. All you are paying for is the actual cost to get the HL to you. Your cost to receive the free HL will probably be between $10-$15 depending on size, weight, and where you live.

Before I start this "Give away", I would like some feedback on my offer. Do it as a reply to this thread. Let's here both pros and cons. I'll read your comments and if enough people think this is a good idea, I will start the program in a week or so. Let's hear what you have to say.

smile Bob