This may not be exact considered a "blunder" but I thought it was worth mentioning so you can imagine what can happen via eBay.

I recently purchased two HL's from a person via eBay. The seller agreed to discount the shipping because I purchased more than one piece. My total shipping bill was $28.50. Not cheap but I suppose it's in the ball park.

When the box arrived at my home, it was crushed. Its overall height was reduced by about 10%. My first thought was this isn't good. I opened the box and removed some of the packing peanuts to reveal two HL original boxes with similar "crush" damage. The first box I removed had a hole blown through the side where the tower of a Montauk LE had gone through. I opened that box and found the HL was wrapped in bubble wrap and was amazingly undamaged (whew!!!). Even the ventilator ball was still intact. The second box had puncture damage from the tower of another LE but the tower didn't go all the way through. Luckily, the piece survived without damage (double whew!!!).

I contacted the seller and advised him that the box was crushed and the two original boxes were also damaged. I also advised him the two HL's survived the assault by the shipper. I also pointed out that I didn't see the word(s) "FRAGILE" written any where on the exterior of the box. His reply was when he puts "FRAGILE" on boxes they get crushed anyways. Hello! If your boxes keep getting crushed marked "FRAGILE" by a particular shipper, don't you think it's time to complain or at least change shippers?

I've seen damaged boxes before but not anything like I received from this seller. I was somewhat surprised by his response. Was I incorrect to advise him of what the shipper did to his merchandise?

:rolleyes: Bob :rolleyes: