Thank you for responses! There have been several occasions that I wanted to add something to a thread - a comment - here and there. But, oh, have to register, well I'll get it next time. Well, ah, signing up takes about what, 2 minutes? LOL!

Not sure why I didn't do it sooner, but I have always been impressed by the enthusiasm here for one, the structure of this site's layout, and it's Internet Links, among many other virtues.

My work associate that I recommended this site to last week (more specifically to the lighthouse links) was amazed there is an industry surrounding "lighthouse collectibles".

It was a positive amazement by the way - just the level of detail and the history. And I responded a resounding "yes" when asked if I had purchased any of these collectibles. I didn't add the point about purchasing two rather large curio cabinets so they would have a home.

I think Bill (oseabee) hits it squarely for myself and my wife - there may be a non-HL in the curio (no we'll not mention names), but it has to be there until HL produces their version. However, ours gets dumped into the bottom of the curio or in to the closet when upgrade time comes!

The rule here is "we cannot collect it until we see it". Needless to say, we have a tendency to travel a bit. I am now in the planning stages of our next expeditions!