Mitch,

You're more than welcome to pick my brain any time re photography/cameras/lenses/film/exposure, etc. For whatever it's worth, I shoot with Nikon cameras, at this point a pair of F5's, and predominantly Nikon lenses that range from a 14 mm f2.8 ultrawide angle to a monster 500 mm f4 that weighs nearly 20#! For film I shoot my lighthouse stuff exclusively on Fuji film, about 50-60% on Provia 100F, about 30-40% on Velvia (iso 50) and the rest on Provia 400F when I need high shutter speeds, as in for waves breaking over lighthouses!

There are about 80 or so of my photos in my gallery on the Shutter City website which the following URL will take you directly to:

http://www.shuttercity.com/ShowGallery.cfm?AcctID=3940

Most of what is in the Shutter City gallery is lighthouse photos along with a few swan and other bird pics.

I don't know if you're going to the Rosemont collector's meeting in late June, but there are a bunch of folks from the forums who are headed to Door County, Wisconsin to go lighthousing for various portions of the week prior to the Rosemont weekend. I'm going up to do some serious lighthouse photography on Door County's 10 (ten) lighthouses prior to Rosemont. I've heard a rumor that there are some folks who are planning to do some picking of my brain on matters photographic at the point. You're more than welcome to join in the fun if you can make the time. If you want more information or to chat further about Door County or photography in general, feel free to e-mail me or a lot of nights you can find me on AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) logged on as lighthouse_photo.

All the best,
Gary

[This message has been edited by lighthouse_photo (edited 05-02-2002).]