The first place winner is St. George Reef, CA. Second place in the voting goes to St. Marks, FL. The second place winner will be the nominee for the Wacko 2001 Pin in the case where we can’t get the necessary permissions in a timely fashion, an unlikely but possible occurrence.

Do Wacko’s want a 2001 Pin? I ask because there were not many total votes recorded. Does this reflect a lack of interest?

The excitement seemed lots higher for the 2000 pin than for this one. We placed the pin order with the manufacturer before we took orders from Wackos, confident that we would sell enough to AT LEAST pay for the cost of the pins, and we did.

The minimum order we can place with the manufacturer is for 150 pins. The committee does not have any ‘seed money’ to cover the eventuality where we order pins then cannot sell enough to cover the costs. I’ve already sent $1,142.81 (the receipts minus expenses from pins sold to that date) to Save The Light. When all pins are sold, Save The Light will be the recipient of about $1,200.

The committee needs to know if there is enough sustained interest to continue this project for another year. Are we committed enough to lighthouse preservation to each personally carry out this monetary responsibility and expenditure again this year to raise such funds via a pin? Do you Wackos feel this is a worthy project?

I don’t know of an alternative method but to ask each Wacko who wants to participate in this project by purchasing one or two pins at $15.00 each to email me ( Lamar@gs.verio.net ) a FIRM commitment to do so. No money, just your intentions. Please indicate also if you’re wanting one or two. We don’t have a design yet of course since the voting was just completed.

In addition, I would value any comments you may wish to make. Your comments will be held in strict confidence. Your comments will not be posted in the Fora or otherwise be made public.

So, what’s it going to be? Do you all want another Wacko Pin to help an endangered lighthouse?

[This message has been edited by LamarB (edited 07-21-2000).]