Quote:
Originally posted by flacoastie:
John - Will the software allow a delay before it shows a new members name? If you could delay the posting of a new members name there would be no welcome posts from anyone until you had a chance to check out these new members before they are shown on the screen. I do receive the announcement when a new member joins so I shouldn't miss any in case several join during the 2 day waiting period.
I have forced new registrants to be put in a waiting queue. This requires someone with control panel access (Saints) to review the queue and approve or decline them. A couple of days wait in the line may cool some heels.

Maybe we need a 'Why I want to join the CF in 25 words or less' essay required? (Just kidding)

I've also added most of the text from my initial message above to the information individuals see when the go through the registration process. (You can see it if you log out and click on register.)

I've tested by registering under a pseudonym - did you receive an email on that yet, Rich? If not, then you probably won't until a Saint approves the queue. Let me know.

John