Official Greetings, Gang!

I have posted a bit without introducing myself, even admitting my new addiction. Well, my name is John, I am a native New Yorker (Brooklyn) and I now reside a bit NE of Birmingham, Alabama. I am a retired post-secondary educator with too much time and too little money on my hands. I have been interested in H-L lighthouses since I first saw them in Gatlinburg, TN many years ago - noting they were made in Malaysia at that time.

I picked up one to buy, years ago, and put it right back after noting the 'Made in China' sticker. Not being a fan of items made in the PRC, for whatever reason, I wouldn't buy anything from that country. That all changed last fall, permitting my PRC-made products' (Now I can go back to Wal Mart...) purchasing. I didn't get back to the H-L products until I 'happened' on them in a card store while we were on vacation the first of April.

I have now gone crazy... I have found a number of stores' closeout sales - and my MC has melted. My office bookcases have lost half of their books, my G-scale train display shelves their trains, My under-the-stairs magazine storage shelves their magazines. The office now has lighthouses, the closet has boxes. But what do I do with the displaced items? My hallway is stacked with books, tables in my basement den with trains, magazines, and H-L boxes. It is madness...

Well, I just hope I have time to enjoy each and every lighthouse properly. I do enjoy the posts - and the comradery - I have seen on this forum. I hope I can make a positive enfluence here, as many of you folks have to me already.

Boxes, so many boxes...

John