Weasel,Moby and Art,

Thanks for the early warning about Oak Island, helps me save those pennies. There are still three more lights in NC that HL hasn't done if they make Oak Island. But I am sure these are considered minority lights. They are Prices Creek,Roanoke River and Diamond Shoals Lights. I saw all but Diamond Shoals last summer and there is no easy way regardless of which direction you are traveling from to get to some of them.

Oak Island isn't in the same league with the other NC lights in my opinion, it is very sterile in comparison. As a teenager I spent sometime at the Baptist camp that is near Oak Island, so I have fond memories of the area.
You can get a distant shot of this light when you are on the ferry that takes you to Bald Head. If you want a nice treat, stay at one of the B&Bs overnight. There was something about the site and condition of Prices Creek that fascinated me.

How happy I am to know about the Morris Island restoration. Haven't gone to the website, but will and plan to join, like Moby, if afforadable. My husband and I were there last summer also and I walked the hot sands of Folly Beach to get photographs. I'll make a return visit after the restoration.

Happy travels,
Derith

PS Just went to the Morris Island site..Oh, my! What a wealth of information!

[This message has been edited by Derith Bennett (edited 06-07-99).]