Plan B Friday June 6

I've worked out an alternative plan for the Lighthousing tour. This will allow those already in Holland to start out at 6 AM and those who might be arriving later in the day to join up with the tour as we progress down the shoreline.

The 6 AM departure would drive north to Empire to arrive at the Robert Manning Memorial Light at 9:15 then view the Point Betsie Light from 10:20 to 11:05.

Next stop would be Big Sable where we'll eat a picnic lunch from 1 to 2:30. (If you want to join us at Point Betsie, you'd need to depart from Holland about 11 AM.)

Next would be Ludington Pier light from 2:50 to 3:10 and on to Little Sable from 4 to 4:30 PM. (If you want to join us at Little Sable, you'd need to depart from Holland about 2:30 PM.)

We'd arrive at White River at about 5:30 and depart about 6 PM.

Next: Muskegon Pier arriving at 6:45 and departing at 7:05.

Last stop: Grand Haven arriving about 7:45, some photos, dinner and sunset photography before departing about 9:45 PM and arriving back in North Holland hotel area about 10:15 PM.

Note this change from my earlier post. Dinner now in Grand Haven earlier in the evening instead of after 9:30. (Sorry Derith.)

We'll have a couple of spaces in my rental car. Anyone interested in taking this trip? Would you start out at 6 AM or join up along the way?

For those departing at 6 AM, the total driving time would be 10 hours and total mileage would be 400. Viewing 8 lighthouses.

For those departing at 11 AM, the total driving time would be just under 7 hours and the mileage would be 240. Viewing 6 lighthouses.

For those departing at 2:30 PM, the total driving time would be 4 hours, 30 minutes and the mileage would be about 175. Viewing 4 lighthouses.

John