Quote:
Originally posted by Lorie Roe:
I think the most important factor is letting people know far enough in advance to make plans.
I agree! For an adventure like this the average person needs at least one year to 18 months in-advance notice.

1. To save up the money needed to attend, and the money needed to travel to the event destination, as well as other expenses.

2. To make vacation arrangements with employer. Some employers require a year notice for a week or 2 week off vacation.

And personally if I'm going to drive let's say from (Mobile, AL to California), or (Mobile, AL to Maine), or (Mobile to Michigan), etc. I'm going to do some additional Lighthouseing along the way. And I need that additional time and money to do it!

When we did the 2005 Reunion on Mackinaw Island Joe and I took two weeks off for that 3 day event. We drove up to Cleveland, OH and visited every lighthouse from there westward and up the east coast of Michigan. Did the 3 days in Mackinaw and then visited every lighthouse from there down the west coast of Michigan and across Indiana. We also do all the National Parks along the way too!

In 2006 when we did the Regional in Portland, Maine, Joe and I took three weeks off for that 1 day event (plus 3 days Lighthouseing Maine with Dave). We drove up to the NY/CN state line and then visited every lighthouse possible and National Park up through Connecticut, Rode Island, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maine and into Canada before the Regional and came back by way of Pennsylvania to visit Gettysburg and other National Parks.

Now let's just say that maybe (as good a guess as any at this point) Tony is thinking about an event anywhere along the Pacific Coast. Joe and I would need at least a MONTH maybe more, because we would want to drive up the entire coast line from southern California to Vancouver seeing as many lights as possible. As well as the NP's all the way across from south Alabama. Now that's a lot of time and a heck of a lot of money in addition to the time and money for the event itself!!! But hay if your gona go that far and know that you may never go back again. You may as well go for the GOLD! (yes that's a pun on words) wink

Stephanie

God may have created man before woman,
but there is always a rough draft before the masterpiece.