Tony decided to also award a gold signing event piece (Loon Island) for someone who had brought their gold entry tickets. Tony had to leave early, but drew a name before he left - Max. A little while later I looked over at the prize table and noticed my gold regional piece (Sapelo Range) was missing. Not sure who took it off the table, but I looked over to where Max was sitting and he was admiring the piece at his table. I wandered over, and whispered to Max that the piece he won would have to be mailed and was the event gold, not the regional gold. Max understood and I returned the light to the prize table.

Well, it came time to draw the gold regional winner and Harry drew the card. When it was announced, the winner was . . . Max. Holy smokes, two individual gold pieces the same day! I remember when the same collector won two gold pieces at the same regional back in the days when five were given out at each regional, but this is a major coupe for Max.

As people were bussed over to the Cedar Point Light for their visit, collectors were allowed to leave items in the room until they got back. I noticed that Max carried his gold piece with him. Several very nice collectors offered to help him by carrying the package for him, but he declined those offers. I did suggest to Sue that she and Max might want to stop and purchase a lottery ticket on the way home . . .

To say the very least, Max has had a good collecting year. In addition to his double winnings on Saturday, Max also won the #1 Wisconsin Point and also one of the monthly drawings in the post and win contest.