The following are just my opinions around each event. I am speaking for myself and not as President of our club.

In-Store Signing Events
I think that the time has come for these to fade away. With Bill and Nancy retired and Harry tied to a VERY important full-time job at HL, it is more and more difficult to make them happen for HL. While my wife and I have enjoyed the ones that have happened in our area, the reality is the people we all most want to see, talk to and have pieces autographed by are just not going to be available. Let these events fade away.

Regional Events
Two or three regional events a year spread out around the country with Bill, Nancy, or Harry at the event would be great. The expense for people to attend would be less than a reunion (hopefully, if gas prices don't keep climbing) and HL could more easily schedule Bill, Nancy, and Harry to attend. Making them a signing event would increase participation. With Dave's add-on lighthouse tours, you would have a winning package in my opinion. I think a big help to everyone would be knowing, as far in advance as possible, approximately when and where a year's regionals would be so people could plan ahead and start saving up for the regional they want to attend.

Reunions
This is a tough one. My wife and I have been to three on the four (missed the first). With all the lighthousing, gifts, and events that occur, these have been some our most enjoyable vacations. At the same time, they require a tremendous amount of time to organize and pull off. Since a reunion must be self-supporting, they are more expensive for people to attend. My thought here would be to hold a reunion every five years, with the next one in 2010 or 2011. Then everyone involved can plan ahead, similar to High School or College reunions. That would allow our fearless leader and organizer, Dave, more time to prepare and give HL more lead time for "THE BIG SHOW". It would allow all of us lighthouse wackos to plan ahead and save for the big event as well. One last thought, and one that I am sure will not be welcome by all, would be to not hold any regionals the year of a reunion. It would allow all the time and effort for that year to be centered on just one thing.
The down side to this is that no reunion location can hold all of the people that could potential want to attend as we have seen in the past.

Well those are my thoughts. I want to close by giving a big THANK YOU to Dave for all the lighthouse events and trips he has put on. My wife and I have had a great time on each one we have gone on. We have been able to see and visit places we could never do on our own.

Randall Ronne
President - Colorado Lighthouse Collectors Society
New Dungeness Light Station Association