I have only been to one regional and that was a long time ago. It was the St. Augustine Regional and then after the event we toured Cape Canveral and other Florida lights with Dave as our tour guide. It was wonderful and a lot of fun with other WACKOs.

In light of our rotten economy I would vote for no more than two regionals. If we knew ahead of time we could pencil the dates in on our calendars and start saving up. That is critical because calendars tend to get filled up early. Even we retirees are busy!!

My vote would be for Southern CA and Charleston, SC for selfish reasons since we have not done those lights yet. Judy has a good idea with her suggestion of PEI and Nova Scotia. That would be unique since HL has not done an international tour and that would probably be less expensive than others out of the country.

Regarding the in-store events, we had Harry a while back and he is delightful. This year in an effort to help a good dealer we will probably do one with help from our ex-rep who still cares for her dealers and our club. They also allow us to have opportunity drawings which is basically the only way we have of raising funds for our adopted lighthouse.

Judy