I think that the Regional events have become almost mini-reunions with the addition of lighthousing trips. They attract more collectors than signing events because they have the potential of several days of enjoyment with more friends, almost a mini-vacation which does not require a substantial investment.

In addition, many of us have lost our local dealers and would have to drive a substantial distance to get to a signing event. With the largest dealers getting the signing events, we see the same locations year after year, and I personally don't want to go to the same place I went last year and the year before that.

After watching some of the planning process for a Reunion and seeing how much work goes into the event, I think it's unlikely that we will see more, and certainly not one per year. I think the answer is to drop the store events and have 3 or 4 regionals in rotating locations around the country. With the pressure of high gas and grocery prices affecting everyone's budget they are affordable and I think every person who attended the most recent regional in New Orleans will tell you, meaningful as well.

So thanks to HL for providing support, Dave for planning, and let's all visit a lighthouse or two together.