I'm firming up my plans for the Grand Rapids Regional and thought I'd throw out some ideas and see who salutes.

I'm going to fly into Grand Rapids (Gerald R Ford) on the Thursday prior (June 5), hoping to arrive early enough to pick up a rental car and drive down to Grand Haven to shoot photos there Thursday evening.

I guess then I'd drive up to Holland and stay at a hotel (have we picked one yet) Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights at the same location.

I'll plan on shooting photos of Holland (and others on Friday).

Friday night, I assume we can have a WACKO gathering for dinner and a photographic shoot at Holland at sunset (and after).

Saturday breakfast - either at the hotel or with other WACKOs before departing for Grand Rapids for the Regional.

After the Regional, return to Holland for another WACKO event, probably dinner and a return to Holland Lighthouse viewing or another one nearby (Big Sable?).

On Sunday, I'm leaving early to drive to Port Huron to visit my parents and friends and return to PHX on Tuesday or Wed out of Detroit.

I know there is the Michigan City Lighthouse event on Sunday and I assume many of those going to the regional will head down that way before disbursing.

So. What's the suggested hotel in Holland? Where should we meet to eat? Which lighthouses should we hit on which days?

For those heading to Michigan City, if you plan to stay overnight Sunday there, does anyone have a suggested hotel and place to meet and eat that evening?

I'm open to any and all suggestions.