Updated information and hotel registration form has been emailed to those who indicated an interest in attending the Door County regional.

The regional is Saturday, August 25th. You may choose to participate in a lighthouse viewing cruise Saturday as well as the regional dinner itself Saturday evening.

The hotel that will serve as our headquarters will be the Wagon Trail Resort on Rowleys Bay (northeast corner of Door County). Door County is a fun place to explore, not only for the lighthouses but also for crafts, wineries and lots of great scenery.

The lighthouse viewing cruise will depart from Gills Rock Saturday morning at 9 AM, and is scheduled to return by about 4 PM. We expect to view lights on Poverty Island, St. Martin Island, Plum Island and Pilot Island. We will stop at Rock Island to visit Pottawatomie Light - this will involve a bit of a hike to the light. Lunch and snacks will be included. This cruise is similar to the one offered during the annual Door County Lighthouse Walk, but I do not plan to pack in the same crowd they have to. That said, there will have to be 50 participants to make this cruise feasible.

That evening will be the actual regional event, which will be a buffet dinner at the Wagon Trail. Dinner will start at 7 PM. Menu tentatively will be: Tossed Garden Salad with choice of Dressing, Homemade Fresh Dinner Rolls, Creamy Cole Slaw and Whole Cranberry Salad, Mashed Potatoes with Gravy, Homestyle Stuffing, Chef’s Choice Vegetable, Country Baked Chicken and Burgundy Beef Tips, Choice of Coffee – Regular or Decaf, Hot or Iced Tea, Milk or Soda.

In addition to the normal great prizes you would expect there will also be a gold Racine Reef piece awarded that evening to one lucky attendee.

If you are interested in a bus trip from Chicago to Door County and back I do need to hear from you ASAP in order to be able to get it worked out.

Costs:
Cruise only - $60
Regional dinner only - $37
Both the cruise and regional dinner: $85
Payment options will include check, PayPal and direct charge to your credit card

While payment will not be due until the July time frame, I do need to hear from you if you plan to attend so I can make appropriate arrangements. And, make your hotel reservations so you know you have a room.

For additional information you can call me at (765) 452-1602 from 9 AM – 8 PM Eastern or email me at lighthouse-events @ sbcglobal.net (take out the spaces).