After some amount of work with locations in the downtown Portland area, the Portland Regional details are now set.

The Portland Maine Harbour Lights Regional Event will be
Saturday, October 7, 2006.

This Regional will be a two part, starting with a lighthouse viewing cruise around Casco Bay. We will depart from the long Wharf at 3:45 PM for a 90 minute cruise aboard the M/V Islander. The highlight will not only be viewing most of Portland’s lights from the water, but doing so with your collector friends. The boat will return at 5:15 PM. The cruise will be limited to the first 95 paid registrations.

The Regional dinner will be just a couple of blocks down the way at the Harbour’s Edge banquet facility located on the Custom House Wharf. The newly remodeled facility overlooks Casco Bay. A cash bar / reception will begin at 6 PM with time to continue socializing with Bill Younger, folks from Harbour Lights and lots of your collector family. Dinner will be a buffet featuring Chicken Marsala and Beef Tips, with service starting at about 7.

Cost for the Regional Event is $36 per person. Cost includes the cruise and the dinner. You may register either by sending me an email with the subject line of “Maine Regional Dinner” or you may call me at (765) 452-1602 from 9 AM to 8 PM Eastern time. In your email please include names of those you are registering. Payment may be made by check or credit card. For those wishing to use a credit card you may either call me with the card information or I will be glad to send you a PayPal ‘bill’ for the amount. Reservations must be made and paid for by September 25th. There will be no “walk up” registrations available as I must provide a count for the caterer.

There is a block of rooms set aside at a Portland hotel for us. Information will be sent to you with your registration confirmation.

For those interested in some additional lighthousing centered around the Regional, we will be touring lights between Portland and Acadia National Park from Saturday, October 7 thru Wednesday, October 11. There will probably be a few extra seats on our cruise of Penobscot Bay on Sunday (10/8) and of the Kennebec River and Boothbay Harbor on Tuesday (10/10). If you are interested in any of these, please contact me.