Quote:
Originally posted by canalover:
I also wanted to recomend something to everyone that is going and who has a sweet tooth. Door County Ice Cream Factory has the BEST ice cream I have ever had. They have locations in Sister Bay (right on the edge of town arcoss the street from the Christmas shop the Tannebaum) and the other location in Egg Harbor. laugh
I was all for that place, until I was there last summer. They run this big thing about it being "home-made", they talk about it being made from scratch, its legendary. So as I am waiting patiently for my praline pecan cone, they open the freezer door. And as I gasped to see that they use the same ice cream mix (or a variation of) that Culvers and Dairy Queen uses. At that point it became just another ice cream shop that charges way to much for a cone.

On a side note. I have entertainment book coupons for Buy 1 Admission Get 1 (Up to 3 for each coupon) Free Admissions to the Door County Maritime Museums @ Sturgeon Bay, Gills Rock and Cana Island and also for the Wisconsin Maritime Museum in Manitowoc. If anybody has a use for these, please let me know and I can mail them out so you can use them, or I will have them with me at Birchwood when I arrive Friday afternoon...