I like cats - although I am allergic to them. I can co-exist with our five house-bound short-hairs by periodic bathing (Them... not me!). Their daytimes are spent as bookends in the windows or on the beds and sofas. Nights are for fun...

This AM I found a heart-stopper. One of my recent acquisitions, #253 Ft. Gratiot, was found upside down on my carpet. It fell from the top shelf of my open 7' bookcase - a good 6' - hitting on it's felt on the edge of a wooden speaker enclosure before continuing to the floor. I could find no damage, save the right angled imprinted lines on the felt from the fall-breaker.

I have watched - in horror - as my cats would leap to the top shelf of my other cases to walk around. I never thought they would jump to a 'full' shelf. I caught one on a lower 'full' shelf trying to climb vertically. They have experimentally proven such axioms as those concerning momentum, acceleration, and even Hysenberg's Uncertainty Principle (Two objects occupying the same place at the same time...).

I suppose that two possible solutions exist to my problem. I must either build some glass enclosed cases - or consider some interesting far eastern recipes for Kung Pao Meow.

Suggestions??

John

PS What are these later lighthouses made of??