Quote:
Quite frankly, other than friendship, I'm not sure why anyone would really need to get Bill Younger's signature on a collectible line he no longer owns or controls.
If you are or were a Harbour Lights Collector at any time during the HL lines existence, Bill Younger is a legend. As you state, Bill may no longer own or control the company, but he has achieved enough respect and admiration for all that he has done for lighthouses and the collectible industry, and that will never be forgotten. Having Bill, or Nancy, sign a piece adds to the mystique that built Harbour Lights in the first place.

Would you want a retired sports hero to sign a football, baseball, pennant, or whatever, even though they no longer play the sport or control the game? I think so. Those who have met the Youngers and were into what they did to help bring people together to restore and save lighthouses, will never forget them.

I must add I am not being critical of your quoted statement, and I can see where you're coming from as far as having recent releases signed. I'm just stating what I feel may be the position of many HL Collectors that will never forget the good times gone by, and what the Youngers meant to it all. They have achieved legendary status in my mind.

keyboard Bob