I was at the event last night and also today. I drove over 100 miles each way both days. I don't have a particular problem with the St. Augustine Lighthouse charging for parking right in front of the lighthouse. I parked down the street when I arrived at around 12:45 P.M. I think the problem with this particular event started with a lack of pre-event communications. I am a member at St. Augustine so I received an email from the lighthouse about this weekend's events.

While I would suggest that the collectibles industry as a whole is going through a down portion of the cycle right now, I don't think that Lighthouse Depot, as the new owners of Harbour Lights has done a very good job when it comes to customer service. Although the Younger family no longer owns Harbour Lights, I think Lighthouse Depot has done a poor job including the Younger family in the ongoing marketing of the Harbour Lights nameplate, and I think we would all agree that Bill Younger is an absolute master marketer (just being around him last night and today reinforced that point again).