I was very disappointed by the turnout at St. Augustine today. I arrived at 0930 to take pictures befor Bill showed up and started signing. My 1st dissappointment was that St Augustine was charging $10.00 to park in their parking lot and calling it a donation. My 2nd diappointment was that the lighthouse store was almost empty with customers till the time I left and had very few Harbour Lights to buy from. The 3rd, and biggest, disappointment was the lack of turnout from Harbour Lights collectors.

Bill was early and started signing at 1045(I was 1st in line) and I had all 18 pieces signed by 1100. Except for Rip and Sharon, and two other couples that bought lighthouses from the store, no one else showed up and there was NO LINE or anybody waiting for Bill's signature. The 7 of us had a nice long friendly and informative conversation with Bill from 1100 till I left at 1215(I had to be home for another commitment). I talked to Daniel after I left and he said that when he got there at 1230 there was no one in line. He looked in the drawing box for the GOLD PIECE and other HLs that were to be given away at 1400 and said that he saw only 6-8 tickets in it. If ever there was a chance for unlucky me to win the Gold this would have been it, but, you had to be present to win and I had to go home.

Based on what I saw today, I would venture a guess that this will be the last ST. Augustine signing. You could tell that Bill was a little diappointed and ST Augustine must have been awfully disappointed with their sales. Of course they had very few HLs for sale so what can they expect. Remember, this is my opinion and does not necessarily mean others feel the same way.

Rich