Well, I must admit that I helped out a little. Getting the information for the current Taney was a piece of cake. Getting the picture of the Taney as she looked in 1941 was not quite as easy. There are pictures on the net showing the Taney as she looked during 1941, but, not to the detail that Harry required. I must have made 30 calls if I made one(CG Historian, CG Engineering and CG Electronics at CG Headquarters), (CG Yards in Curtis Bay MD Shipboard Drawings) and finally the curator at the Inner Harbor in Baltimore where the Taney is tied up. I struck paydirt there as he had a high definition DVD of a painting that the prior CG Historian had made for a book cover that he was publishing. Between that HD DVD and other photos from the CG and the Net, Harry was finally able to get the detail that he required. The rest, as they say, is history. I've reviewed the pictures that Harry took of the Artist Proofs and was really quite impressed with the detail that Harry achieved. He is a true genius when it comes to getting the most for your bucks. I've yet to see the Musing so I can see what they look like in that. I really am glad that Don, Tony, and Harry took the time to reproduce a Coast Guard war time vessel that was a survivor of Pearl Harbor. I am proud to say that I served on board the Ingham, a sister ship to the Taney, and the Coast Guard's National Monument to Coasties lost in WWII, Korea, Viet Nam and peace time actions.

But, would somebody send me a link to the Musings so I can see the Taney.

Rich