Stephanie,

I didn't look at the dates on this thread and was in tears of sadness as I read through all that CF members had to say. When I got to the picture of that beautiful child I burst out in a very sloppy laugh.

The latest addition to my family is "Sam". My daughter and her partner are in the process of adopting this absolutely delightful boy from Ethiopia. His first birthday was February 12th and he has a mild case of cerebral palsy on his right side, the result of oxygen depravation during birth. His mother died during delivery and he would have been shunned by the people of his village had he remained in Ethiopia, especially since his CP affected his right side. The right side is held to some higher standard by the tribe he was born into. In any event, Jean and Elizabeth are focussed on his physical therapy and every new strength he exhibits is cause for celebration.

Children are resilient, moreso than the adults are--Lily has another surrogate Grandma praying for her courage to accept the things she cannot change and the strength to change what she can. God bless. . . .

Sandy