I have read over your replies many times to my original post on the problems with the pin project. I want to thank all of you, Saints, wackos, newbies, for taking the time to make your viewpoints known, whether they were in agreement or disagreement with what I said. This is what discussion is all about – putting
forth both sides of an issue. Not everyone always agrees with a view, and this is the nature of life. I would like to make it clear though, despite a few comments, that in no way was I aiming my comments towards any one person personally; nor giving a pep talk; nor speaking against Sainthood, as I fully appreciate the time and dedication these people have put in on behalf of lighthouses and making the Forum an inviting and educational site to log onto. I think that it is good that all views have been posted here, so that we know exactly how everyone feels and where this project can now head. There seems to be overwhelming agreement that the project should go on as originally structured. And this is WHY I posted, as Lamar and I really needed to know if we had full or majority support , from an economic standpoint, as we couldn’t afford money-wise to put the prototype into production and then maybe later find out that our viewpoint wasn’t being held by enough “others” --- and we would not have enough orders and be stuck with the initial production costs ourselves.

So, to summarize, the majority of you feel that this pin will not produce any real divisiveness, as it already exists in a completely FUN way because of the various name categories of Saint on down. You have agreed that we ARE exclusive, but it is all in FUN. You have stated that it is worth the time to post and become an exclusive WACKO. And you have shown your support by re-emphasizing your desire to buy your pins.
Lamar and I thank you for this support. To those who sat a bit on the other side of the fence, we hold no hard feelings and truly welcome your support --- for it is all being done to help save lighthouses; not for any personal glory on our part, as we will also welcome anyone who would like to help us for 2001.

Therefore the project will continue; and I will issue a new post to that effect. I am also going to ask Joanne to close this thread, as I think all has been said that needs to be said and we should end this thread on a happy note of “onward to help our lighthouses.”

ladylightkeeper

ladylightkeeper