Bob and Sandy, I remember things somewhat differently, but I'll have to go home to check my records for certain. And...I may be interpreting what you're saying incorrectly, too. As I recall, HL #121 Marblehead, OH and HL #124 Split Rock, MN were indeed original issues, and they have never been renumbered. The Great Lakes Stamp series was out by August of 1995, because I saw the whole thing packaged in one special display box [all five pieces in one box, resting on their sides and fully visible!], in Portland, Oregon, and other cities in Oregon. It was, in fact, my struggle to find the original HL124, at the time that this set was emerging, that "sucked" me into Harbour Lights, which I had not collected up til then. [Maddeningly, I recall seeing the original Coquille piece at Depoe Bay, Florence, and Portland, Oregon in 1995 for its original price. But...I wasn't "into" lighthouses at that time! What an uninformed idiot I was!] While in Oregon that year, I could not find the limited edition Split Rock, and no dealer would sell the Stamp Set Split Rock separately. [Later, the Stamp Sets came in a format where each light was packaged separately in an official Harbour Lights box, and all five separate boxes were then put into one big cardboard carton. This is the way I got mine and acquired a duplicate set of them later. I never saw the five-in-one packaging after that]. When I got back to Wichita, I wrote to Harbour Lights, who informed me that the Stamp Set Split Rock would be released later as an open edition, by a few months. This indeed happened: one dealer in Wichita contrived to find a limited edition, while another got in the new, open edition, so I had two different Split Rocks to give to my parents for Chritsmas 1995! The Stamp Set carried a special HL number [which I'll have to go home to check]. When Split Rock, Marblehead, and the others were later released, they were given new HL numbers [newer 400 numbers, as I can recall here].
Hey Bob...no response to my e-mail of last week?
Best to both of you...and I'll go home to triple check my memory.