I just returned from Block Island to read the news of Fred's passing. I knew Fred, and his wife, Lou, for the majority of my HL collecting years. I first spoke with Fred back in the old AOL chatroom and IM days when he asked for my telephone number and promptly called me up as soon as I dropped off line.

I first met Fred and Lou in person at the Providence HL Reunion. We would IM each other on a regular basis and could talk about most anything. We all felt Fred's pain when Lou passed away. It was a very sad time for the Kuhlman Family and all those who knew and loved Fred and Lou.

Fred continued on but never forgot his loving bride. He fast became a legend to all those collectors who knew him, and to many of those who only heard of him and his cross country travels. It is truly a sad day that no new "Fred" stories will be added to his folklore.

Our memories of Fred will linger forever. Fred was truly a legend who will not soon be forgotten by me, and the majority of our fellow CF members who are proud to call Fred a friend.

Rest in peace, my friend, and give Lou a hug and a kiss for Lorna and I.

Bob