Each day in January at random time of my choosing, I will copy the list of logged-on members from the bottom of the main Forums page and paste it into a text file.

My January 1st grab shows 244 visitors of which 155 were guests leaving 89 logged in members. (Some of those guests may very well be members, but they are not logged in.)

Members may, in their personal profile, choose not to be shown in this list. So they won't be reflected in my daily grabbed names.

At the end of January, I will count up the number of logged in members on my text file. If you checked in 15 days, your name will appear 15 times on the list. If you checked in 30 days, it will probably appear 30 times, etc.

Note that the list shows visitors for the previous 12 hours only. You could visit and still not show up on the list for a day. Generally, I will grab a day's list in the evening, so if you generally visit from midnight to noon, then you may not appear on the visitor list.

Using a random number program, one number will be selected from the total number of names on my list.

If that person has POSTED a message during the month of January, they will win an Artist's Proof of a recent Harbour Lights release. It might be of a limited edition or of an open edition; I'll choose which AP you get from ones I have available. Shipping is included.

If the first chosen individual has NOT posted, I'll move on to the next randomly selected name and continue to do so until someone who has posted in January is selected.

So I'm giving away one AP in February and to qualify, you'll need to have posted in January 2007. The more days you visit the Collector Forums, the more times you name will be in the pool from which the winner will be selected.

But even if you visit every day and don't post, you can't be a winner.

All it takes is ONE post in the month of January, but the more days you visit the Forums, the more times your name will be in the drawing. You don't gain more entries by having made more posts, you gain by checking the forums more frequently. Posts in the PRIVATE FORUMS do not count.

If this idea goes well (if, in my opinion, it increases participation in the Collector Forum by members), then it will be continued in February, etc. As of January 1, 2007, there are 147,825 posts in 21 Forums (not including PRIVATE FORUMS).

At the end of December 2006, there were 2,317 registered members. Only 1,186 have actually posted at least 1 message. 241 members posted something during 2006 including 99 who posted at least once in the month of December 2006.

For our silent supporters who are not registered members, registering is easy and painless. Now is a good time to join.

Be sure we have your current email address. Check your profile.

Forgotten your username or password? Click on "Log In" and get help emailed to you.

To make things a bit more fun, I've added many new emoticons:
groupwave groupwave groupwave groupwave