I'm really sorry to here about your tragedy, Digit. I can't imagine the pain you are going through right now. Possessions can be replaced, but to lose a loved one so early in life is such an outright shame. You know you have alot of long distance friends here, if you need anything.

When I was 7, I burned one of my legs and both hands very badly from a friek accident with sparklers. Many people think that sparklers are no big deal, but I was in the hospital for 5 1/2 weeks and had to have skin grafs and a few minor operations. I think it affected me psychologically even more, and still remember to this day all the details quite clearly. I soon became "hooked" on the need to have a fan aimed at me at night, or I would get too hot and couldn't sleep. A strange reaction, I guess, but I still sleep with a fan on 30 years later, even with air conditioning.

We also had a large fire a few years ago in one of the 48-unit apartments buildings I designed in '88 (I did not live in them, though). I had to make a run through the units right after the fire to look for any structural damage that may have occured for the owner. It was the first time I had been through a building like that, and the scene was something that I won't soon forget. I couldn't imagine that level of destruction happening to myself or my family. As a fireman, Todd is probably quite used to the scenes by now, but it was very shocking to me. I had never really worried that much about fire safety, even after my childhood burn, but I soon became quite paranoid about them ever since walking through there. I now always try and point out egressable window locations, etc. to all my clients, and make sure they understand the good and bad points about the design in case of one.

Not much I can say, but just hang in there Digit and be strong in faith. It's going to be difficult, but you'll pull through it.
[This message has been edited by Rod Watson (edited 08-04-2000).]