I just made it home from my office in Globe. The staff from the mission and the work group from Indiana that was there are now headed for my office and church in Globe and will be staying at the church tonight. The fire is now 63,000 acres and has jumped hwy 260 just west of the mission. Winds have kicked up and the fire is crowning and moving north very rapidly. Winds are now blowing to the North east and moving it directly toward the them. I have heard that there is fire in the town of Pinedale and it is within 2 miles of the mission. Once again crews were pulled off the lines because of the high winds and irradic movement of the fire. So far it hasn't reached the mission so keep those prayers going! We did a lot of fire break cutting about three years ago. I don't know if they have been maintained since I left but even if they haven't they should help some. There are a lot of homes around the area. About 1/3 are summer cabins. 5000 people in Pinedale, Linden (where the mission is) and in Clay Springs. They all need our prayers too!

It would be heart breaking to see 11 years of work going up in smoke. I built most of the 24 buildings that make up the mission compound. These missionaries are like family to me. Please keep them all in your prayers!

Dale