Chris totalled the PT Cruiser tonight while running a red light and hitting a small pickup. Both Chris and the other driver were unharmed. (Thank God for airbags!)

It's one of those calls that no parent wants to get: "Your son has been in a very serious car accident..." Mom and I rushed down to the intersection about 2 miles from home to find him on one of the body boards all bound up as a precaution. The EMT said he was probably OK, just didn't want to take any chances because he did have some pain in his shoulder.

She rode with him in the ambulance to be checked out at the emergency room while I found the registration and insurance information.

Fortunately (or unfortunately DOYPOV) a police car was stopped at the red light as Chris zipped past him and struck the pickup.

Another police officer showed up at the emergency room a couple of hours later to ask him his version then cited him for running the light.

Tomorrow the insurance agent! My question: "Oh, man what is THIS going to do to our already high insurance cost?"

Chris' question: "Am I ever going to get to drive again?"