Anytime anyone beats anything to do with cancer, it's a great day. I was diagnosed with malignant melanoma in the beginning of May of this year. After six surgeries, removal of sentinnel lymph nodes and a few tubes, I'm now cancer free. Of course, I will be going to the doctor every three months for a very long time but that I can handle. I've been assured that I'm cancer free right now.

Cancer plays tricks with your mind. Keeping a positive attitude help defeats the nasty disease. The biggest thing is EARLY DETECTION. Everyone should make an appointment with a Skin Surgeon and have him or her check your whole body for problem areas. My Surgeon told me if I waited another year I might be dead now. My melanoma was already in the intermediate stage. When you reach that point they tell you if it's in your blood stream (5% chance) you're dead. If it travelled to your organs (10% chance) you have some serious health issues. And, of course, there is an 85% chance it didn't travel and you'll be fine.

Tell me that would weigh heavy on your mind.

Use sunscreen, wear wide brim hats, and try to avoid direct exposure to the sun whenever you can.

So I'm done preaching...get your butts to the doctor and be screened for skin cancer.

Sincerely,

Bob M.