My son, Patrick is graduating from High School on Sunday June 3 and on June 13, he turns 18 years old!

He has accomplished a lot during his high school years. He is a member of the National Honor Society, has been FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America) chapter president, president of the German Club, and member of other various clubs. He is very proud of being elected Wisconsin FBLA State Secretary and presenting leadership labs to students around the state.

He has had perfect attendance all four of his high school years. Currently, he is working on becoming an Eagle Scout. He recently won the local Chamber of Commerce Scholarship for college.

He will be attending the University of Wisconsin - Madison in the fall majoring in Business Computer Information Technology. He already has a work study job with the UW Business School Information Technology department. This summer he will be working an internship in a Wisconsin State Senator's office.

His father left us when he was 5 years old, so I have raised him by myself since that time. I am extremely proud of him and it just goes to show that children from single mother homes can turn out great!

He also is a great person to take along on lighthouse trips.

Suzanne

[This message has been edited by Suzanne Murphy (edited 05-31-2001).]

Suzanne Murphy
President, Wisconsin Lighthouse District (WILD)