I just received this update from Harry:

Quote:
I’ve fallen behind on updating every one, sorry.

Bill was released from hospital, having been given all sorts of drugs to clear out the embolism from his lungs and was feeling very much better. The embolism was very painful.
However, two days later Bill felt the same pains come back and so was rushed, yet again to the hospital were it was found that he has several new, tiny, blood clots in his lungs and one of his legs. Fortunately this time they are not as painful as the first bout.

The treatment problem is that, because Bill was originally in the hospital for a bleed in his head the doctors were very reluctant to give him blood thinners, which is the primary treatment for a blood clot. However, the doctors believe that his head has had plenty of time to heal (I could add all sorts of son in law type jokes here but will show some restraint!!) and so a treatment of blood thinners has been started.

The good news is that this treatment is working very well. The bad news is that Bill is feeling good and is ready to get up and start moving around again, but the doctors are insisting he stay in hospital for a few more days so that they can keep a close eye on him.

Later this month Bill will have a very simple but clever operation to fix a tiny hole in his heart. Probably the cause of all these recent problems. The recovery from this will, we are told, be very fast. However the doctors insist that Bill must not fly for some time after the surgery and so sadly Bill has had to cancel his two August signing events.

All the best,

Harry
Please do continue to keep Bill, the family and the folks at the hospital in your prayers. Knowing Bill, I wonder if we should set up a pool to guess when they will have to resort to restraints to keep him in place . . . . Right now I think we are all much more concerned about getting him healthy than about cancelling signing events.