Sean

With all the negative response that I've been getting on the CSC's, I've decided to put both Hatteras's to the test with 10 friends who are not lighthouse collectors. 10 out of 10 said that if they were going to collect lighthouses, they would choose the CSC. My CSC Hatteras has no base or plaque, so it did not influence their decision, and yes Sean, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and my choice is and always has been with Harbour Lights, but you cannot deny that these small statistics definitely make CSC lighthouses stand out as a viable alternative to lighthouse collecting if Harbour Lights did not exist.
Harbour Lights has definitely come a long way since those very first pieces, and I for one will always be loyal to the company, but at least lets give credit where credit is due.
It is my understanding that Bill Younger was the marketing strategist behind the David Winters company, and I think that his genius there helped launch Harbour Lights into the publics preference for lighthouses. I also wish that all of the lighthouses were to scale, even if it did mean that we would have a Hatteras or Ponce that was 12" tall and a Sunken Rock that was 1", just for the fact that we could get an accurate perspective of size on each lighthouse. This is just my opinion, and you know what they say about opinions, opinions are like --- -----, everybodies got one.

Caio
Brian

------------------

[This message has been edited by whizkid3 (edited 10-03-99).]