I wish CT would implement at least a vision test for license renewals starting at age 55 or 60. As it stands now, there is no test for anything if you're renewing your license. Just show up at one of the renewal centers (roaming bus or DMV building), sign the form you received in the mail, pay the fee, wait for your godawful picture to be developed, and leave with your new license which is valid for 4 years I think. Stan and I were in the discussion stages regarding getting my 84-year-old mother to hand over her license when she decided to turn it in herself following an accident. Altho' the car was totalled, she wasn't hurt and no other vehicles were involved. It scared her to the point where she didn't want to drive any longer and had DMV issue a non-driving picture license for ID purposes only. I know there would have been a real hassle getting her to relinquish her license had she not had that accident. Mandatory eyesight and road testing before renewing a 4-year license for people over 55 or 60 would certainly make life a bit easier on the families.