I just got my renewal for my NJ drivers license. I now need to get the North Carolina DL. Ok I hate taking tests, dosnt matter what kind I freeze. We go to get the drivers handbook so I could study. We ask what do you need. He tells me Birth cert and drivers lic. OK guess what I left it in the storage and cant get it. OK you can use a SS card. I go home and cant find that either, so I contact SS and you need a BC to get a replacement. SS said I can use a passport. Havent had time to get that either and guess what you need to get one. Not sure we could get a new BC in time. I told him I have my tax returns and the paper ss sends to you telling you what you are entitled to when you retire, no good. SO we went to the storage and pulled all my stuff out to get to file cabinet and got lucky and found it. I had to do most of the moving Rich's back was out. Now all I have to do is pass the test frustrated
So if you plan on moving the first thing I suggest is to make sure you have your Birth Cert handy. Thank god I dont have to do this in NJ you need 6 points to now get a Drivers Lic. and if you are a woman and married you need marrage certificate. That happened to me when I first got a NJ lic. It took 7 months to get a copy. Anyone want to take the test for me?