Don't make fun of Jen's filling the bathtub! I think the first time I did it was for Y2K. Remember when the world as we knew it was supposed to end???

I've done it several times since then when severe storms were forcasted. Sort of like insurance. (One time I did it and wondered why the water looked so bad. Didn't realize that the tub needed a good scrub. eek ) Of course I always have a river full of water if I need it. smile

Still no working fridge here for us. frown
Now here's the deal. If you buy a new appliance these days and it's not right when you get it, it's your responsibility to contact the manufacturer as well as the dealer. Manufacturers are the only ones who can authorize a replacement and they are supposedly more responsive to customers than dealers.

We got through to Maytag once and they gave I.O. some story about bowed doors and how the dealer would have to come out again and then call Maytag to get new doors. I tried several times to call Maytag again to request a new fridge and never got a supervisor to speak with, just 15-20 minutes of music. By yesterday afternoon the fridge was worse than ever and the dealer hadn't shown up by the time promised.

By then it was 90 out and hot inside (no ac to break down) and I was really p.o.'d. I called the store and asked them to contact the owner/tech and tell him I needed a working fridge that day. So then he got p.o'd too and said he'd credit my charge card and pick up the bad fridge this morning.

So off we went to Sears to get another fridge. That won't come until tomorrow so we're sort of camping out in the basement where I'm working out of a mini fridge and two coolers.

Now of course this is a very mild case of heat related stress but it sure is frustrating. Of course it couldn't have been winter when all you have to do it toss you stuff outside or in an unheated porch.

I really feel for everyone who has to work outside in these conditions.