Well Folks,

We are now ready to proceed with ordering Glass Cases for our beautiful White and/or Red Mackinaw’s. The cases will be an almost exact reproduction of the glass cases you are familiar with – the sides, fronts, and tops are glass, and the back is a mirror. (There will NOT be a place to mount a brass plate on the wood. Some of you have ordered brass plates for other pieces from Rich at flacoastie@worldnet.att.net and attached it to the front. It looks good. Please contact Rich for specifics.)

The underside of the wood will be covered with green felt to keep the case from scratching your curios or damaging your furniture. Of course, this is assuming that cats, dogs, and small children are not allowed to play with the ships, the glass cases -- or romp around in your curios.

The prices are as follows for three popular wood types:

OAK Base – ¾ inch thick -- $49.00 each
Black Walnut Base – ¾ inch thick -- $56.67 each
Cherry Base – ¾ inch thick -- $67.03 each

Additional wood types can be made available, but they will be more expensive. (I intend to order OAK. It’s a tad cheaper and all my furniture and curios are OAK.)

The above prices also include the cost of manufacturing the shipping containers, which are also hand-made by our craftsman.

The cost of shipping and insurance for two cases shipped in one container will be approximately $16.93. Assuming two OAK cases for two Mackinaws, the TOTAL COST will come to $114.93. (NOTE: Shipping costs may vary depending upon your location. But just order based upon the total dollars provided at the moment, and we can adjust later.)

If you have ordered only one Mackinaw, an OAK case will be shipped in one container at a total cost will be $62.95.

This will be a tremendous opportunity for those of you who treasure the Mackinaw’s. In order to keep the cost as low as possible, I have informed the craftsman that I will take care of all the logistics. This will be similar to the procedure utilized by Dave Hannum when working on the Regional and Event get-togethers over the years.

If you are sincerely interested, please contact me at bahbaht@aol.com and kindly provide the following information:

Your Name
Your Shipping Address
Type of Wood Base Required
Number of Glass Cases
Any questions or concerns that you may have

In order to expedite the process, I will immediately place your order with the craftsman. I will follow-up with a cashiers check within 24 hours. The glass case(s) will be sent directly to you.

You in turn will receive email from me with a verification of your order. That email will also note my address and the total dollar amount owed. You can then send me your check. I don’t want to burden the craftsman with wondering when the check would arrive. (Our craftsman doesn’t know you – but I do.)

And please be rest assured, my total revenue from this venture amounts to a big fat ZERO.

bobo

PS. Hopefully, photos of the shipping containers and the glass cases (with the Mack's inside) will be posted by the end of the week.