I made a statement when I first joined the CF that I wouldn't post too often and then it would be something that I felt was important.
I am a creature of habit and when I collect something I go all out. I have all the Anchor Bays so far that are lightships and the CG 44 footer. They all have glass cases and are on top of my curio cabinets holding my lighthouses. Now Harbour Lights goes and changes success. They are bring out a 110 footer and guess what, no GLASS CASE!!!
I don't mind them selling the 110 Footer without the case. Some collectors want it this way, but, why don't they make a case optional for the collectors that want one??? I have tried calling customer service on this option but only get the run around instead of the one-on-one service that I use to get. None of the ladies on the switchboard seem to care anymore except Debbie and Donna. When you call you get the feeling that they are doing you a favor even talking to you. I have tried talking to Kim or Bill on this subject but can't get past the switchboard or customer service.
I would be willing to pay a good price for this optional Glass case but they say they had too much breakage. I suggested a plexiglass top in the same shape with the same type wooden base on the other anchor bays and was told they had no demand for this case. Ho could they know if they had a demand if they won't let you talk to anyone who cares.
Is anyone else having this problem. Does anyone else want a case or am I the only one. I guess I have to make a case myself if no one at Harbour Lights wants to listen to the collector in the field. Maybe all there interested in now days is exclusives for their big dealers and not interested in the individual who spends $1000 to $2000 dollars a year buying from their smaller dealers.
Maybe if there is enough interest in the glass/plexiglass case in this posting, Harbour Lights may see this or maybe John can pass this on to them. I will still buy the 110 footer (case or no case) but it sure won't look the same to me.

Rich