I journeyed to New Bedford yesterday to get a few new pics of Clark's Point Light at Fort Taber. It was an absolutely gorgeous day with temperatures in the mid 50's with a light SW wind. It actually felt like Spring.

Well anyways, after taking the pics of Clark's Point and a couple of distant shots of Butler Flats and Palmer Island Light, I drove over to the former USCG Base to see if the Nantucket Light Ship was still tied up there. Nay not so, gone!

I ran into a retiree from my job who introduced me to one of the members of the New Bedford PD Dive Team. They just had a meeting and were heading out when I spotted them. The Dive Team member told me the Nantucket had been moved over to Fairhaven by the owner and was no longer docked in New Bedford. Maybe on another day I'll head over to Fairhaven to see if I can find exactly where this Nantucket LS ended up.

One of the members of my Marine Unit told me the Nantucket LS that was refurbished in Wareham, Massachusetts, then moved to Nantucket Harbor, is now in Boston Harbor for the winter. He took a tour of the vessel and told me it was absolutely beautiful inside and out. He told me the owner gets "big bucks" to rent it out for parties. I guess you have to try to recover your investment any way you can.

smile Bob smile