I am a collector of Anchor Bay models but I have a "secret" that I must share, and that is that I have never paid "retail" for anyone of them. To be honest with you if I had to pay the +/- $170 apiece for'em I probably wouldn't own any. Looking at what I've paid over the past couple of years I'd say that I averaged about $80 for each....which leads me to my question.
Is there anything that HL can do to get the price "down" so that they can be more marketable....without reducing the quality?
Understand, I didn't lower the price....in most cases the dealer's just wanted to move them off the shelves....and they set the price. The five AB's that I own came from five different dealers.
I don't expect the AB's to sell in the same price-range as the LE's but....is it possible to get them down to a more affordable price....say, in the $100-135 range?
I think (IMHO) that I speak for alot of people when I say that "there isn't but so much money to go around in any given year [for HL's, AB's, etc.] and while the AB's are extremely nice, at the normal retail of about $170 ea., to alot of folks, they are simply too expensive. I'm sure this has to be a concern of HL, as well.

Brent
OBLHS Charter Member