Things have been extremely quiet here at the AB thread. It's a little tough to drum-up interest when there is only one new AB release a year.

A reasonable and prudent person would surmise that Younger & Associates Anchor Bay releases from the past were not big sellers, especially when they were in their high priced cases.

Then the cases were eliminated and the price of the newer releases were around the price of a limited edition HL. I really don't know if sales increased because of that fact, but I'm sure a lot of current and retired Coast Guard Officers bought the newer pieces.

I think the newer pieces are very well made and reasonably priced. I like them, well almost all of them. I wasn't overjoyed with the Rigid Hull Inflatable. I did buy it because I do receive one of each AB release, but never displayed it.

I feel the time has come to come up with a new Lightship release. I sure many of you would love to see a new Lightship from your area of the country, as would I. It's no secret that I would love to see the Nantucket Lightship made. Maybe someday my wish will come true.

I know our CF member from the USCG have their wishes for another Coast Guard boat. That's okay too. Those boats fit right into the HL displays and look nice when displayed with the lighthouses.

I imagine as we draw closer to the end of 2002, and the 2003 HL releases will be announced, we may find out what is in store for the Anchor Bay line. Hopefully, it will be something that appeals to the majority of the collectors beyond those of us who buy one of everything anyways. (Note: except for the GLOW versions)

Note: the opinion above reflects the opinion of the author and no one else from Younger & Associates, our fellow collectors, anyone who wears a hard hat to work, a retiree, someone who may eat Krispy Kremes each day, or Chipper the "Wonder Dog".

smile Bob smile