I am making a case with Rich's specifications for the AB USCG Eagle. With Rich's measurements, I noticed that the ship will only fit in the case from corner to corner diagonally (which is fine with me) but be advised that Bert's rendition allows for the ship to be positioned from side to side and therefore the glass is longer in length.
I'll let you know how I make out. I am having trouble finding a pre-cut base to fit so now I need to find a router to dress up the piece of wood I cut. So far, it is turning out pretty well.
I have had to make some minor adjustments in how I assembled the back mirror but that is just a rookie doing this type of thing for the first time. NOTE: Don't put the mirror on the back incorrectly. Make sure you line up the sides so that the back isn't wider than the front of case like I did. I managed to remove the back/mirror before it fully cured and I was able to correct the error. smile ALL better now!

Bob J ~ 65 Lighthouses, 2 Lightships, 25 Life Saving Stations Visited ~
"I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
John 8:12