OK OK, this Open Edition piece has been out since last Fall (September timeframe), however I have heard no word about it, nor does collectors seem to care that it even exist.

Well being a Chesapeake Bay lighthouse fan, I stopped at the Chesapeake Bay Museum in St. Michaels, MD to find out the scoop about this piece which was to help celebrate the 125th Anniversay of Hooper Strait, and which happens to be the 5th version of this particular lighthouse (remember the 2001 HL Reunion pieces).

Anyhow I purchased one at the museum, and then I received one (without knowing) with a shipment from my dealer. As I look at the flags for each piece, I am totally confused.

The piece purchased directly from the Chesapeake Bay Museum in St. Michaels has a flag of 1362 (Note there is no prefix like the letter "A" which is common of Open Editions, nor does this piece have a special base sticker indicating the 125th Anniversay of Hooper Strait Lighthouse).

The piece from my dealer has a flag number of A421. Which is indicative of how Open Editions are numbered.

Any insight as to the reason why the different numbering schemes ? confused

-Christopher
"CAVR"