Very interesting...

My dealer is in Oregon and they do not charge me shipping. Now their profit will be considerably less because they pay the high priced shipping from Maine to Oregon, and then from Oregon to Massachusetts. It seems a shame to ship cross country to the dealer and then have to ship cross country to my home.

I wonder if my dealer is going to be able to afford to maintain my free shipping status? If the shipping charges get passed on to me, will it be worth keeping my auto ship with the Oregon dealer.

I must admit I keep the auto ship because of my low flag#, and that's why I purchase one of every new LE release. If my dealer starts charging for shipping, the loss of that benefit could push me into just buying what I like instead of them all.

I've been on auto ship for approximately five years or so. I have purchased many HL's that I probably would have passed on if it wasn't for maintaining my auto ship committment. Keeping a complete collection is no longer a high priority to me. Like many of you, display and storage space are limited but I continue to buy. I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens and weigh my options.

:rolleyes: Bob :rolleyes: