Stan:
Quote:
...I'd rather see Harbour Lights focus more on lighthouses then historic buildings, even if its a NJ historic building. There are hundreds of more lighthouses to be done first, then they can get into the HB's.
Lots more lighthouses to make, but not ones most people have heard of before.

While we lighthouse lovers are tuned in, Harbour Lights is looking to expand their horizon. I'd guess 9 of 10 of those who are real lighthouse enthusiasts know the product. And it appears our numbers (the lighthouse lovers) are declining.

Having HL successful in a "new" area will assure that they can continue to make smaller edition sizes of the lesser-known lighthouses while not making any more "re-issues" of lighthouses previously made.

Tony worked closely with the people at the Old North Church (which has a gift shop BTW) and the piece went through more than one modification to keep it "accurate". Old North Church also receives a royalty on sales to help support their preservation program. "Good works".

Giving the Old North Church a "Historic Building / HB" name and product number eases up on the pressure for "got-em-all" Harbour Lights collectors to spend the $99.50 on this one.

I expect we'll see another dozen limited edition lighthouse / LSS / Anchor Bay products for 2008 in smaller edition sizes in line with what we saw for 2007.

I'm wishing them great success with the Historic Building idea. It could be a wide-open field of monuments, memorials, churches, historic homes and significant government buildings. Buy or not as you choose and if you like 'em. Don't expect to see a lot of them each year. If the quality is in line with what we've seen in lighthouses and the choices are appealing to a larger audience, they will do well.

I've not visited the Old North Church, but I'll be buying one.

Here's Paul's photo. I bet we can talk him into some great detail shots!

Photo by Paul Brady, Copyright Harbour Lights. Used with permission.